Hi there. Today I begin my 3rd year of creating the Senior Portraits at a local high school. I am beyond excited as I love this age group and I love meeting all the lovely young ladies that come through. Here are some quick tips for getting ready for a shoot!
- Dresses: should be modest, not too low cut, not too short (please use the fingertip rule), not too tight, no strapless or spaghetti straps.
- Don't stray too far from your personal style. Ideally you want to arrive to the session as the absolute BEST version of you.
- Make sure to add accessories as they add a lot of pop!
- Solid colors tend to work best because it leaves the focus on YOU. Stay away from neon colors as they cast shades of color on your face. If you have dark hair, stay away from dark tops as your hair tends to blend in.
- Give your outfit a test run. Make sure you can move around with ease. Make sure you feel great in the outfit because if you don't, you will see it in the photographs. Snap a couple of pics of yourself to make sure you like what you see.
- Last but not least: ALWAYS wear the proper undergarments for your outfits. No bra straps showing. Keep it classy! Remember: you want your portraits to be timeless and classic.
I have more styling, dress and makeup tips here: https://spark.adobe.com/page/VPHBKj2CVvUCQ/
Here are a couple of young ladies from last year! They are great examples of what to wear.